A large US-based Healthcare Association- implemented a scalable architecture leveraging Microsoft Azure Platform
The client, working towards improving the quality of healthcare for over 100 years, was looking to migrate their current applications on development, test, demo and production environments to Microsoft Azure Platform using the best practices for security, scaling, monitoring, deployment and management.
Implementing a scalable architecture leveraging Microsoft Azure Platform
- The client was looking to migrate their current applications on development, test, demo and production environments to Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform using the best practices for security, scaling, monitoring, deployment and management.
- They turned to Motifworks, a Microsoft Gold Cloud partner with extensive experience in designing and implementing enterprise solutions using Azure platform and Service Fabric. The client also wanted Motifworks to review their requirements and help them with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Migrations, Azure DevOps and App-Modernization opportunities.
An end-to-end Roadmap to a Successful Cloud Migration
- Initiated a Cloud Economics Solution Assessment to help gain valuable insights and analysis of the client’s current application and infrastructure environment.
- We made it easy for the client to answer critical questions relating to cloud benefits, application prioritization, TCO in the Azure cloud, and simplifying the application portfolio to cut cost and waste, through this risk-free program.
- The responsibilities included a full scope migration of workload prioritization, cost analysis and a complete business case analysis to identify optimal workloads for migration planning.
- In the end, the client had a complete, actionable roadmap to Cloud in the form of a business case and TCO, readiness analysis, migration strategy, and a phased migration plan.
More than 3 million Registered Nurses
Asp.net Web forms
THE END RESULTS
Migrated to Azure and Implemented DevOps Practices
The AzureSmart team of Cloud architects
- Improved Speed – Web application performance improved by roughly 25%
- Increased application security – Azure provided application firewall against malicious attacks
- Reduced cost – Significant savings over the previous hosting environment
- Comprehensive monitoring – Allowed deep-diving into the health of all the applications
- Enabled DevOps practices ensuring consistency around releasing new applications
- Scalable resource performance
- Automated backup and restoring databases with pinpoint accuracy
- Saved over 70k annually in the licensing cost through EPI DXC environment
Implemented Azure DevOps Practices
- Migrated and Hosted Repositories
- Configured Application, Database and Logic-Apps Deployment Pipelines
- Build Pipelines – To Continuously integrate the new code base to the existing one and make it enable to deploy on App-Services hosted on Azure Cloud
- Release Pipelines – To consume builds which are built in an above step and deploy on their respective Environments App-Service
“I’d like to present to you an incredible team that has pulled off a task that was much larger than we initially thought and accepted the challenge of moving all of our applications to Azure. It is the huge step in enabling the technology to support our modernization initiatives including the Association Management System refresh and OARS 2.0”.
– App Development Manager