A Leading Insurance Firm, Embarks on Cloud-First Strategy for Business Growth, Efficiency, and Cost Control
Challenge – Keeping Pace with Aggressive Business Growth Initiatives
Our client is a leading insurance brokerage firm with over 4000 employees and provides employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement and individual private client solutions.
- Ever increasing spread of dedicated data centers by virtue of mergers and acquisitions was leading to spiraling IT infrastructure cost.
- Disparate IT systems for various business functions hampering the operational efficiency and keeping away from single version of truth.
- Fast approaching deadlines for compliance with SOC2, regulation relating to controls for security, availability, integrity & privacy.
Solution – Go-to Cloud For Centralization, Cost Control and Business Efficiency
- Motifworks worked on implementation of Azure Cloud for IaaS and PaaS to reduce data center footprint, centralization of IT, and support for international M&A initiatives.
- The overall solution provided the organization with Azure application architecture, design, deployment, monitoring, and cloud maintenance to build a strong foundation for the underlying technology.
- Motifworks sought to help the company leverage the on-demand capacity of Azure and create a scalable solution, allowing the company to service requirements like VDI and other infrastructure.
- After deployment, a disaster recovery solution was developed that was based on the company’s evolving requirements.
Results – Responsive and Cost-efficient Environment to Support Business Growth
- Less than 90 days to ‘go live’ with Azure, providing incredible value during the company’s rapid growth.
- 30% increase in productivity in 2018 thanks to their migration.
- Improved application performance and over 20% improvement in database performance.
- A new-found capacity to repeat the process, with more opportunities to perform faster implementations