Maximized cost savings and business efficiency through cloud adoption in insurance brokerage firm
Cloud adoption in insurance brokerage firm helped them maximize cost savings and business efficiency
Challenge – Keeping Pace with Aggressive Business Growth Initiatives
Our client is a leading insurance brokerage firm with over 4000 employees and provides employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement and individual private client solutions.
- Ever increasing spread of dedicated data centers by virtue of mergers and acquisitions was leading to spiraling IT infrastructure cost.
- Disparate IT systems for various business functions hampering the operational efficiency and keeping away from single version of truth.
- Fast approaching deadlines for compliance with SOC2, regulation relating to controls for security, availability, integrity & privacy.
Solution – Cloud adoption in insurance for centralization, cost control and business efficiency
- With cloud adoption in insurance broker’s firm, they found a new capacity to repeat the process, with more opportunities to perform faster implementations of Azure Cloud for IaaS and PaaS to reduce data center footprint, centralization of IT, and support for international M&A initiatives.
- With Azure consulting services, the overall solution provided the organization with Azure application architecture, design, deployment, monitoring, and cloud maintenance to build a strong foundation for the underlying technology.
- Motifworks sought to help the company leverage the on-demand capacity of Azure and create a scalable solution, allowing the company to service requirements like VDI and other infrastructure.
- After deployment, a disaster recovery solution was developed that was based on the company’s evolving requirements.
Results – Responsive and Cost-efficient Environment to Support Business Growth
- Less than 90 days to ‘go live’ with Azure, providing incredible value during the company’s rapid growth.
- 30% increase in productivity in 2018 thanks to their migration.
- Improved application performance and over 20% improvement in database performance.
- A new-found capacity to repeat the process, with more opportunities to perform faster implementations