A healthcare packaging company implemented high-performing multi-region Sitecore using Azure PaaS and IaaS services to achieve global scalability
A leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products, headquartered in the Mid-Atlantic region with locations throughout the world including Europe and Asia Pacific was looking to standardize their infrastructure and operations.
The Business Challenge: Scalability, User Experience, Reduce Costs
This pharmaceutical company needed a solution that could scale globally. The company also had goals to enhance the user experience to drive higher site traffic for its new corporate website. In conjunction, they needed to deliver a faster and more personalized user experience. Lastly, the IT team wanted to use the hosting infrastructure of Microsoft’s Azure cloud services to reduce costs.
Motifworks team designed and implemented a scalable and high-performing multi-region Sitecore deployment using Azure PaaS and IaaS services. As part of this initiative Motifworks implemented:
- Sitecore content delivery in US East and Europe regions
- Sitecore Management Server for content authoring in East region
- Designed Sitecore architecture on Azure with goals for high-performance, global reach and easier to maintain
- Fully automated deployment using ARM templates and PowerShell DSC
The Motifworks Service:
Additionally, Motifworks provided Azure consulting services for architecture design, migration and Azure training focused on:
- Migrating existing Azure IaaS components from Azure Service Manager (ASM) to Azure Resource Manager (ARM) – V1 to V2
- Impact analysis on existing ExpressRoute circuit and analyze Azure Networking strategy for v2 resources
- Defining and documenting Azure Governance strategy which will help the company with show-back / chargeback as well as effectively managing and monitoring Azure resources
- Implementing role-based access control (RBAC) to ensure secure & limited access to various Azure resources to respective project teams
- Providing training and deep-dive sessions on using PowerShell for provisioning and interacting with Azure services.
Based on the implemented solution, the company achieved global scalability, rapidly scaling to address fluctuations in demand, an improved user experience increasing their website traffic, and removed the roadblocks to achieving full utilization all while reducing overall costs. Combining Azure and Sitecore offered a platform that the company can use, without having to involve internal IT stakeholders.
We are proud that Microsoft Azure will be the platform empowering the company to innovate and collaborate to deliver the range of experiences for its customers.