Azure Migration Engineer (Infrastructure and DevOps Consultant)
As an Infrastructure and DevOps consultant, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Understanding and analyzing client’s existing infrastructure, deployment architecture, naming conventions, types of workloads and usage patterns
- Inventory-ing, classifying and tagging the existing resources as input to design a cloud migration strategy
- Recommending cloud migration plan based on a set of business rules and judgment
- Executing the migration plan as agreed with the client using several different approaches like lift-n-shift, build-fresh etc.
The job may require a very high degree of client interaction. You’ll need to be very proficient in communication to elicit the desired inputs and answer client queries on our recommendations.
You may also be required to help our clients with their new deployment needs directly on cloud. This will involve understanding client requirements around the type of workloads, performance expectations, fault tolerance and disaster recovery benchmarks etc. Subsequent work with the team to design a suitable architecture that is cost optimized and then execute the same with high level of deployment automation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Extensive experience working with server virtualisation (VMWare, Linux, etc)
- Proficiency in building Linux and Windows systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Jetty, Tomcat, Websphere, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Working experience on IaaS and PaaS cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE, Rackspace, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry, etc.), preferably Azure
- Experience of Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc) preferred but not mandatory
- Scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Golang, etc.) is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Travis-CI, GoCD, etc is preferred but not mandatory
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools preferred but not mandatory
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on a daily basis
- Easy interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of initiative and independence and ability to learn quickly
Fill in the form to apply or share your updated resume on email@example.com.