SDeT/Test Automation Engineer
Position: SDeT/Test Automation Engineer
• 3 – 7 years of total IT experience
• At least 2-3 years of development experience in Java
• 2-3 years of API / Unit /Functional/Automation Testing
• Strong experience in Core Java
• Basic understanding in writing SQL queries
• Experience in Product testing and Agile methodologies.
• Understanding of Testing Methodologies, Tools and Processes.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in RestAssured or any other API based testing will have preference
• Basic knowledge of BDD tools like Cucumber
Roles & Responsibilities
• Support in designing and building API based testing framework.
• Understanding and generalizing the test cases to create specification for framework.
• Understand and implement data driven testing.
• Must identify the testing effort required by calculating the sizing needed for the given
release and plan the required effort for the same.
• Figure out what skills are required and balance the test resources accordingly with
those needs based on their own interests as well. Also identify if there are any skill
gaps and plan for training & education sessions for the identified test resources.
• Identify the tools for test reporting, test management, test automation, etc. and
educate the team on how to use those tools. Again, plan knowledge transfer sessions
if required to the team members for the tools that they would use