Senior Azure Engineer
Senior Azure Engineer
Job Category: Current openings
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: India, Hybrid
Experience: 15+ Years
Senior Azure Engineer will provide technical leadership primarily on Azure Data Services preferably along with other Azure Services. Client Projects would typically include new implementations, cloud migrations, governance, and platform strategy as well as a custom solution delivery provided by development or configuration tools. S/he will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Azure, preferably with DevOps within the division, and will be expected to champion the Organizational focus on Microsoft Azure.
The Azure Data Architect may also be engaged with prospective customers in the sales/Presales cycle to provide technical demonstrations and help support the overall sales/presales effort.
• Design, architect and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions using Microsoft Azure Services.
• Assess and recommend public and hybrid Cloud solutions, including Infrastructure-as-a- Service (IaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
• Collaborate closely with global teams to develop proposals, presentations, statement of work (SOW) and proactively recommend strategies around Microsoft technologies specifically Microsoft Azure.
• Should be able to execute short term strategic consulting projects on Microsoft Azure, assessments, POC/pilots, map solutions to client business processes, and develop value proposition and business case.
• Advice customers on various Cloud solution options, discuss benefits and risks of each, and recommend a solution that aligns with the customer’s business needs and requirements.
Requirements (Must have):
• 15+ years of overall IT experience and 5+ years of relevant Microsoft Azure architecture, design & delivery experience
• Experience with large-scale implementations on Microsoft Azure. Should have worked in a fast-paced growth organization and have experience working in a Global Delivery Model with a major IT Services organization.
• Should be comfortable and able to present ideas to both technical and business stakeholders and facilitate strategic discussions.
• Experience in designing, developing, and deploying Cloud Native Applications using Azure Synapse, Azure Data bricks, Azure PaaS Capabilities (App Services Plans, Key Vault, SQL Azure DB, Azure Functions, Containers, AKS, Logic Apps, Service Bus, Event Grid, API Management)
Experience with Azure Governance and Best Practices (Role Based Access Control, Networking Architectures, Cost Management controls, etc.)
• Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Python, PySpark, Scala
• Need to have Microsoft Azure Architecture Certification.
Requirements (Good to have):
• Experience with overall cloud architecture styles and design patterns – creating solutions, developing cloud migration approaches, defining migration roadmaps, and providing estimates.
• Able to support pre-sales engagements by identifying and communicating potential solutions that meet our customer’s need within their constraints.
• Understands setting up Monitoring and diagnostics on Azure for a web application.
• Knowledge about Azure Infra, Networks, Storage, Apps, PowerShell DSC and Azure DevOps.
• Good to know about claims-based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC.